Upon my return to the hospital from the Prophetic Voice conference, I had a day slammed with meetings. There were two ethics committee meetings, a board of director’s sub-committee, and a community benefit council.
With a jarring return to my regular schedule, I needed a whole day to catch my breath and begin to reflect upon my time in St. Louis.
Here’s my top-five takeaways from the conference (in no particular order):
- Healthcare reform in the U.S. an imperative. [www.catholichealthcare.us]
- CEO’s want mission leaders to have a solid working knowledge of the business of healthcare.
- Help is never far away - you just have to ask.
- The community of Catholic healthcare mission leaders is really nice - they are almost always open to sharing best practices
- The history of Community Benefit Reporting